Dear Friend of TTEF,
We hope this finds you and your family safe and well. As we all feel the serious impact of the pandemic, we reflect on how profoundly thankful we are for our TTEF community, of which you are such an important part.
As we are adjusting to our current reality and the absence of our usual routines, we remember that hope is never cancelled. In the spirit of bringing hope, we wanted to take a moment to provide a brief update from our TTEF community:
· Our Faith: While we aren’t together in person, our TTEF team knows our prayers work from anywhere. Click here to view a special video lifting up our scholars in prayer. We hope you’ll join us in prayer for our scholars and families.
· Our Scholarships: While our TTEF parents are facing financial stress and job insecurity, they are comforted to know that their scholarship will continue for the 2020 – 2021 school year. While our team is awarding scholarships, we are in regular contact with families to alleviate their questions and concerns.
· Our Scholars: While our 4,500 scholars are currently learning remotely, we are proud to see students embracing virtual learning tools to achieve their academic goals.
· Our School Partners: We are in constant communication with our 119 partner schools so that no family leaves their school or chooses not to attend their school due to their financial situation.
· Our Gala: While our gala is cancelled, we are still celebrating the generosity of our sponsors and guests in a variety of ways, including a special Mass of thanksgiving celebrated by Archbishop Robert J. Carlson. The immense generosity of our sponsors has become even more important during these unprecedented times.
These are just a few examples of how we are continuing to create hope and opportunity for our scholars and families, thanks to you. Your support powers what we do and makes our nine year commitment to our families possible.
The value of educational opportunity we are providing to our scholars will transcend this moment, because the hope we provide to our families is long-term – in fact, it lasts a lifetime. We are grateful that we are in this together. From all of us at TTEF, thank you for your support and your prayers.
Sharon Gerken, Executive Director Kevin Short, Board Chairman